The Language Foundations program provides evidence-based, multisensory structured literacy instruction for students with dyslexia and other reading/writing based learning differences.
- Language Foundations is an invitation-only, non-graded class that is designed to provide dyslexia intervention to 3rd through 8th grade students.
- The instructor is a Certified Academic Language Therapist (CALT)
- The course is held in small groups which allows highly personalized curriculum designed to best address the specific learning differences of each participant.
- The goal of this class is to give students a stronger foundation in the English language, specifically reading, spelling, vocabulary and written expression skills, before moving on to study other world languages in the second half of middle school or upper school.
- Classes meet in place of world languages for 5th-8th grade; and during Spanish and no more than 2 of 5 PE blocks per week for 3rd and 4th grade.
- Language Foundations is a program within The Study, located on the Midway Campus
Who is eligible for Language Foundations?
Select 3rd-8th grade students who have an active Individual Accommodation Plan (IAP) and are diagnosed with a neurologically based reading difference (i.e. dyslexia, specific learning disability in reading, etc.).
What are the behavioral expectations for Language Foundations students?
Students enrolled in Language Foundations are expected to follow expectations listed in the student handbook. The Study environment is designed to be a safe, supportive, and encouraging space for students to build self-awareness, increase their confidence, and ultimately feel empowered to succeed. This requires students to enter the space with an open mind, desire to be focused/productive, and an understanding that demonstrating kindness and respect toward peers is expected.
What is the cost for Language Foundations
Language Foundations tuition for 5th-8th grade students is $8,000 per year. Language Foundations tuition for 3rd-4th grade students is $6,000 per year.
How is Language Foundations billed?
Language Foundations tuition will be added to your Smart Tuition account under your current payment schedule. Charges may be prorated by trimester, based on time of enrollment.
Is financial assistance available for Parish Lab?
If you receive tuition assistance from the school and would like to apply for financial assistance with the cost of lab, please contact Juli Baldwin, Director of Financial Assistance, at email@example.com.
Where can I get additional information about Language Foundations?
If you have any questions please contact Phillip Page at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please complete one registration per child.
Please Note: There is no fee to complete this online registration form. The Language Foundation tuition fee will be added to your student’s tuition account, after this online registration form is submitted and processed.
Parish Episcopal School - Midway Campus
8/22/2023 - 5/31/2024
There is no fee collected during this registration, it will be billed via Smart Tuition
This session has openings
Registration will end on 4/30/2024.