UMS Online Payment System Privacy Notice
The University of Maine System is committed to protecting your privacy when you use
any of our online information systems. The University of Maine System does not collect
personal information about individuals, such as names and mailing or e-mail addresses,
unless the individual knowingly provides it.
The University of Maine System has contracts with several third-party payment
processors who follow strict industry-standard legal and security requirements. Personal
information will be disclosed to these third-party payment processors only for the
purpose of processing your on-line payments. Your personal information will not be
disclosed to others.
When you pay a bill or make a donation to any of our seven Universities, we require your
name, billing address, telephone number, email address, and credit card, debit card or
electronic check (ACH) information to process your payment. The UMS does not store
your credit or debit card or ACH information. We do retain your payment information,
including name and contact information, for our records.
This payment site uses secure server software implementing the industry-standard Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption technology. SSL encodes your personal information, including account number, name and address, as it travels over the Internet so that all transactions are secure.
If you prefer not to pay on-line, alternative payment methods are available.
For information, or to request access to and/or correction of your personal data, contact:
(207) 581-1521 University of Maine Bursar’s Office
(207) 621-3412 University of Maine at Augusta Bursar’s Office
(207) 778-7252 University of Maine at Farmington Merrill Center
(207) 834-7552 University of Maine at Fort Kent Business Office
(207) 255-1312 University of Maine at Machias Business Office
(207) 768-9545 University of Maine at Presque Isle Business Office
(207) 780-5123 University of Southern Maine Financial Resources