CHCA's athletic program is designed to be a student-focused, Christ-honoring experience in participative and competitive sports. It responds to the need all students have for the age-appropriate development of basic athletic skills, physical fitness, teamwork proficiency, and positive personality traits.
Ultimately, the athletic program will demonstrate to the students, their families, and the community that athletic participation can effectively develop and demonstrate Christian character. We encourage all CHCA athletes to become a 360 Athlete by developing their spirits, minds, and bodies while striving for excellence by honoring God in all they do.
The athletic program endeavors to take into account the distinct differences among youth, junior high, and high school sports. The youth (Gr K-6) student athlete needs an emphasis on instruction and skill development with sensitivity as to how sports experiences can deeply affect personality development. The junior high (Gr 7-8) student needs similar instruction and sensitivity but will also be exposed to competitive interscholastic play. Instruction continues in high school with advanced training and a heavy practice schedule. At the upper grade levels, competition also refers to the necessity for try-outs and differential playing time in order to optimize the CHCA interscholastic sports experience.
Specific information about each team, including purpose, time commitment and cost, is available in the Athletic section of our website. The number of teams fielded within each sport (varsity, junior varsity, freshman, junior high) is dependent on the number of athletes who sign up.
• Registration for this session will end on 02/18/21 at 11:59 p.m. to be considered for a rostered spot on team. If you choose to register after this date, it must be approved by both the Coach and Athletic Department. At that point, we cannot guarantee a spot will be available and your child may not play.
• You are NOT cleared to play until you have (1) completed all athletic eForms online in FinalForms, (2) uploaded your 2 completed & signed OHSAA forms into FinalForms – only the Physical Exam sheet and the Medical Eligibility sheet (requires a doctor signature) and (3) scheduled payment for your sport(s) session(s) online in UltraCamp.
• Cancellation Policy: > If you or your student-athlete decides to leave the team after they are scheduled in UltraCamp you are responsible to cancel your registration in UltraCamp by the deadline otherwise you will be charged the full amount and no refund will be given. Reporting this change to the coach, the Athletic Office or Programs@chca-oh.org does not cancel your registration or eliminate your scheduled payment.
• Coaches will hold a pre-season Parent Meeting. Make sure you are signed up for your sport in FinalForms to receive communication from the coach through TeamSnap.
• Each reservation will be reviewed prior to payment processing to ensure that proper multi-sport discounts have been applied.