Apply to work at Camp Hanover for the After-School Explorers program!
This program is offered to local elementary aged students for after school care. Typical hours will be 2-6pm Monday through Friday. The program will begin on January 3, 2022. Some days of paid training will be required in December 2021.
• At least 2 years of valid work, volunteer, or educational experience. Environmental stewardship, nature education, or camp experience preferred
• Training or knowledge in natural sciences and outdoor survival skills
• Be able to hike 2 miles over uneven ground, rugged terrain, and wet areas
• Be self-motivated, a team player, flexible and well organized.
• Have effective time management and problem-solving skills
• Have good interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
• Willing and able to participate in an outdoor Christian camp community environment.
• Be of good character, able to exercise sound and sober judgment
• Be at least 21 years old and have a valid driver’s license with a safe driving record
• Current First-Aid and CPR certification or willingness to get certified
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES (including but not limited to the following):
• Be a positive example to participants and staff members by promoting and safeguarding the physical, emotional, and spiritual well-being of all members of the Camp Hanover community.
• Provide oversight of participants assigned to your care, provide for the spiritual, physical, and emotional well-being of all children, and ensure all participants are supervised at all times.
• Plan and lead outdoor education activities for children during after-school care (grades K-5).
• Assist participants with school homework daily.
• Lead daily devotions with participants using curriculum provided by Camp Hanover.
• Provide opportunities for participants to live in, live with, learn about, and care for God’s creation.
• Communicate with parents/guardians regarding after-school program matters in a timely, professional manner.
• Participate in weekly planning meetings with the Associate Director of Environmental Ministry.
• Assist with care and maintenance of animals, garden, equipment and environmental program areas.
• Articulate and share Camp Hanover’s environmental stewardship practices to campers, guests, and the larger community.
• Willingly collaborate with coworkers and supervisors to ensure programmatic excellence
To apply, complete this application and email your resume to Laura@CampHanover.org. Applications will not be considered until both steps are completed.
If you have any questions about Camp Hanover After School-Explorers or other outdoor education programs, please contact our Associate Director for Outdoor Ministry, Laura Haney, at email@example.com or 804-799-2811.