Younger Elementary Camp (Grades 3-4)
These sessions are for campers ready to be away from home for a full week. This first full-week camp experience nurtures your child while encouraging curiosity in God's creation around them.
- 4 nights and 5 days of camp fun and excitement
- Bible Study and Worship each day
- High-energy evening events, such as Carnival and Luau
- Awesome grade-appropriate activities from which campers create their daily schedule (see list below)
Crafts, Swimming Pool, Creek Walk, Hiking, Field Games, Dancing, Parachute & Noodle Games, Frisbee Golf, Basketball, 4-Square, Horseshoe, Corn Hole, Bouldering Wall, Cookie Making, Group Initiative Games, Low Ropes, Gaga Ball, Cloudland Canyon S.P. (off-site), Climbing Wall, Zip-line, Slingshot, High Ropes (Raider-Bridge, exit Zip-line), Archery, Caving (off-site), Chickamauga N.P. (off-site)
Campers get to choose their preferred type of activities before coming to camp and will be assigned to Cohort groups consisting of campers that have the same type of activity interest. These small groups will live in the same cabin, eat meals together, and participate in their activities as a group. Campers are eligible for grade level activities based on their grade entering the fall of 2021, plus all earlier grade level activities. Time, availability, weather, and COVID restrictions are all factors affecting the actual camp activity experience. Note: all efforts will be made to honor buddy requests in this unique summer of camping using the cohort system. Campers making Buddy Requests will need to select similar types of activities as their requested Buddy to be placed in the same cohort groups.
Sessions Begin and End:
Younger Elementary Camp (Grades 3-4) begins Monday 9:00 – 10:00 a.m. and ends Friday with a 2:00-2:45 p.m. pick-up.
Camp Lookout is dedicated to continuing the quality program campers and parents have come to expect and experience each summer. COVID-19 protocols will change the way we run our day-to-day camping program. These changes will help us limit and hopefully eliminate exposure to COVID-19 at Camp Lookout. In the event of severe restrictions and/or elevated risks to campers and staff due to COVID-19, cancellation of some or all weeks is a possibility. The safety and well-being of every camper and staff is our top priority.
Brief Summary of Precautions:
• Pre-Camp Information and Health Screening – Each camper and staff will receive updated information on established protocols to help mitigate COVID-19 at Camp Lookout as well as pre-screening surveys prior to on-site health screening at check-in. Out of an abundance of care and precaution, campers with pre-existing conditions for complications with COVID-19 as defined by the CDC are strongly discouraged from attending camp this summer.
• Cohort groups – Each cabin will function as a group for the week. They will eat meals together, participate in activities as a group, enjoy Bible study and worship as a small group, and only interact with other groups while physically separated by no less than 6 feet.
• Other Proactive Mitigating Factors – Camp capacity has been reduced by 50%. Campers and staff will wear face masks in space shared by other cabin groups, when activities require non-avoidable close contact, and during transition times throughout the day. Each of our programs have been modified to comply with CDC, state/local, and Holston Conference guidelines.
• What happens in the event of possible COVID-19 exposure – If a camper or staff member develops COVID-19 symptoms, a parent/guardian will immediately be contacted, and they will be sent home. In the event of a COVID-19 positive camper or staff member, we will notify those exposed and actively participate in health department contact tracing.
• Daily cleaning – We will increase our cleaning protocols so that each building is cleaned daily, and necessary equipment is cleaned after each use.
More details can be found in the 2021 Camp Lookout Brochure and on our website www.camplookout.com.