Come join us for an intergenerational canoeing expedition to the Boundary Waters Canoe Area based out of our beloved Moon Beach. We will enjoy five days of canoeing, making a circle loop out of Seagull Outfitters. You will be outfitted with premium canoeing gear such as: Wenonah Kevlar ultra-light canoes, Bending Branches paddles, MSR tents, Thermarest pads and water-repellent goose down sleeping bags, Marmot Precip rain jacket and pants, and a full complement of dry bags and camping supplies from Cascade Designs. Our meals will consist of Backpackers Pantry along with honey-cured Broadbent Kentucky ham products, and other fresh ingredients. The focus of this group experience will be between learning back-country skills, so you will be more prepared to adventure on your own, making a deeper spiritual connection with God in nature, and growing in fellowship and fun with other group members.
We will be starting at Moon Beach for an afternoon of learning about gear, getting to know one another, packing, and even enjoying a paddle on the lake. On Sunday morning we will have breakfast, pack up, and meet at Seagull Outfitters by dinner that same day. On Monday we depart for 5 days of canoeing in the BWCA in one of the most beautiful and remote sections of this gem of a wilderness.
Your guide and trip director, Pastor Nick Hatch, serves First Congregational Church in Appleton and is a Wilderness First Responder and certified Outdoor Educator. He has been leading these trips for years and looks forward to this summer, leading you and other canoeists on the trip of a lifetime!
Regardless of your experience level, this is your opportunity to experience an incredible adventure and make lasting memories. You are welcome to come just yourself or bring a family members. To find out more, contact Moon Beach or check out the Wilderness Ministry Website at First Congregational: https://www.firstcongoappleton.org/children-youth-families/wilderness-ministry/
Other Important Info:
* This is an Intergenerational Boundary Waters Canoe Trip. The trip is open to any adult, and youth age 12+ accompanied by an adult.
* All trips with Moon Beach are limited to 8-10 participants and are first come-first served based upon acceptance of application.
* Upon registration, each participant will be asked to fill out a Participant Application and Covenant as well as submit a $250 deposit.
* If your application is accepted, your $250 deposit will become non-refundable. The remaining balance is due on April 1st, 2021 and will be non-refundable.
* Trip is based out of Moon Beach
* 5 days canoeing in BWCA: ~40 mile route
* Moderately difficult canoe route
* Outfitting is all inclusive while in the back-country including food and gear.
* Participants have the option of providing their own transportation or selecting transportation to and from Moon Beach to the BWCA. ***Please note: The transportation offered by Moon Beach is provided at an additional fee.
* All meals at Moon Beach will be provided by Moon Beach.
* Meals between Moon Beach and the BWCA will be the responsibility of participants.
* This trip will begin at Moon Beach and conclude at the BWCA. Feel free to continue your outdoor adventure from there or head home!
Brief Schedule Overview:
Saturday, July 17th, 2021
Arrive at Moon Beach, welcome, gear issuing, training, worship and overnight at Moon Beach
Sunday, July 18th, 2021
Breakfast at Moon Beach, carpool to Seagull Outfitters, spend night at Seagull Paddle Lodge
Monday - Friday, July 19 - 23
Shuttle to Three Mile Island and make circle loop in Boundary Waters. Shuttle to Saganaga Lake - American Point. Depart for home or your next adventure!