Through lessons, students will acquire technical skills for their instrument as well as a strong foundation in music theory to aid them in becoming life long musicians. Each lesson begins with warm ups and scales, moves to pieces we are working on, followed by work on music theory and musical understanding, and ends with a wrap up of what the student should work on for the next lesson. Piano lessons are open to PreK-12 grade. Voice lesson are open to students over the age of 12.
Cost: $160 for 2 hours of lessons with Zach
About Zach Lenox: Viewed as "a broad, resonant baritone that is exquisitely controlled throughout his entire range," Zachary Lenox has performed leading roles across North America. Mr. Lenox has appeared with Portland Opera, Eugene Opera, Tacoma Opera, Opera Parallèle, Opera Bend, Pacific Music Works, Cascadia Chamber Opera, Portland Summerfest, Portland Chamber Orchestra, Portland Concert Opera, Eugene Concert Choir, Bravo Northwest, and the Astoria Music Festival. He received his B.M. and M.M. from the Crane School of Music at SUNY Potsdam and has been teaching private lessons at OES since 2019.
Private Lesson Agreements:
- All private lessons will be conducted remotely until further notice.
- This package is good for 2 hours of private lessons with the designated teacher.
- Teachers will contact registrants throughout the spring to schedule summer lessons.
- Lessons will be scheduled on a first come, first served basis and will be scheduled in 30, 45, or 60 minute increments.
- Lessons may start July 1 and must be finished by Friday, August 27.
- The lesson package is non-refundable.
- If supplies are needed, the instructor will provide you with the necessary material(s) or supply list(s). Cost of materials is not included in the hourly private lesson fee.
- Excused student absences must be health related and may be rescheduled within the timeframe above. In order for an absence to be excused, parents must notify the teacher directly at least 24 hours in advance.
- Unexcused student absences will not be rescheduled. Unexcused absences include sports obligations, playdates, or vacations and/or those not scheduled in advance with the teacher.
- Teacher absences: Teachers will inform parents as soon as possible and will reschedule or provide an appropriate substitute.