Camp Quest Arizona is a place for fun, friends, and freethought for kids ages 8-17. Our camp provides a traditional sleep-away summer camp experience with a wide range of activities such as sports, crafts, games, fishing and campfires*. In addition to our traditional summer camp activities, Camp Quest Arizona offers educational activities focused on critical thinking, ethics, scientific inquiry, philosophy, and comparative religion.
COVID Vaccinations and proof of other vaccination are required for this camp.
Camp Quest Arizona is a licensed affiliate of Camp Quest, Inc., the first summer camp in the history of the United States aimed at the children of freethinking parents. Our program is based on humanist philosophy and values but is open to families of all worldviews. While individual humanists may hold a range of beliefs, Camp Quest generally affirms the following (adapted from The Affirmations of Humanism: A Statement of Principles):
- are committed to the application of reason and science to the understanding of the universe and to the solving of human problems.
- are deeply concerned with the moral education of our children. We want to nourish reason and empathy.
- believe in enjoying life here and now and in developing our creative talents to their fullest.
- are skeptical of untested claims to knowledge, and we are open to novel ideas and seek new departures in our thinking.
- cultivate the arts of negotiation and compromise as a means of resolving differences and achieving mutual understanding.
- are committed to the principle of the separation of church and state.
Campers aged 8-14 participate in our standard camp program.
Campers agent 15-17 participate in the Leadership Track (LT) - a program designed to cultivate leadership skills. Participants in the LT program are eligible for community service hours.
*not all activities may be available during all camp sessions.